COMMITTED TO YOU ALWAYS THE PEMA PROTOCOL
Since the first case of COVID19 was reported in Bhutan in March 2020, The Pema Family has never wavered in our commitment to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our valued guests, our teams and the community.Your health and safety is our top priority. And we want to assure you we are doing everything we can to welcome you to a safe and clean hotel environment.
Over the course of these years, our teams have consistently raised the level of urgency and stringency as underlined in The Pema Protocol, implementing stronger measures on multiple fronts that include (but are not limited to):
• Daily outdoor premises sanitization.
• Use of international-certified COVID19-fighting chemicals for the sanitization of all public guest areas; back support spaces; and in the production, delivery of food and beverage services at all our three restaurants, M Bistro, Zhego, and The Roof.
• Mandatory Temperature screening of all visitors and staff with scanning of Druk Trace, use of masks and hand sanitizers.
• Re-design and layout of all guest areas for safe distancing and greater effective sanitization efforts.
• Chemical fogging of guest rooms and spaces, in addition to the use of special bed linen, provision of disposable masks and portable hand sanitizers for our walk-in and in-house guests.
• Widespread access to hand sanitizers throughout the hotel and in staff areas.
• Frequent testing of staff.
• Promoting delivery and greater electronic payment options.
Towards the end of 2021, the Tourism Council of Bhutan awarded The Pema “Clean and Safe” Certification. And in September 2022, just in time for Bhutan’s official tourism reopening, The Pema was reassessed by the Council and approved for inclusion in the List of Tourist Standard Certified Hotels in Bhutan.
We thank all our valued partners for the care, trust, and support over the course of this pandemic.
Together We Grow and Together We Can.
In line with the gradual relaxations in international and domestic travel, although it is not mandatory to wear a mask in public, it is still advised to do so during your time in Bhutan. For more information on The Pema Protocol and travel to Bhutan, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.